Wednesday, June 18, 2008

It's that time again. Here is another piece from my collection. This was Barbie's first house. It was called Barbie's dream house. Made in 1962. I got mine on ebay several years ago and after getting it out to take pictures I see that it's in rough shape. I need to search for a new one.
Barbie's jacket is from the resort set (1962) and the Barbie print blouse is from the fun at the fair set.(1965)
This Skipper I bought on ebay a few years ago.
The auction I won was actually for a brunette Skipper with a yellow case and little bath accessories. What I got was a blonde Skipper with a blue case and several Skipper outfits. Accept for wanting my Skipper doll to be brunette, I love all the clothes I got. The one she's wearing is called Land and Sea. (1965)
This is Midge's boyfriend Allen. He was named after Barbie's (the creator's daughter) real husband.
This was Barbie's collection of record albums.
Did you know that Barbie's full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts? Named after the creator Ruth Handler's daughter.

Love the funky table lamp on the stereo!

Hope you enjoyed looking!

Happy Wednesday, Lindsey

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Barbie Trivia. I
didn't know Barbie's full name.

I am a Barbie Collector. I enjoyed
looking at your collection.

Best Wishes,
Andrea

Patty said...

Great pictures, Lindsey! All my Barbies were from the 70's but I love seeing the older ones. The record collection made me laugh -- I swear my parents had those same records! And, thank you, Twyla, for letting me know the links to the French cross stitch blogs work.

Gayla said...

How fun.. Brings back many happy hours of memories. Thanks for stopping by my blog Oatmeal and Whimsy. These photos are so good of all the Barbies and your blog is adorable... Hugs...

leslie said...

What a flash to the past! I remember that furniture...made out of cardboard that you popped out, folded and put together with tabs in slots. I enjoyed seeing this memory maker!

leslie said...

About poodles... I have to tell you something a co-worker of mine one told me... that she would never own a poodle because she would never have a dog that was smarter than she was! How true... they are incredibly smart dogs... I also would never not have poodles... its fun meeting other poodle lovers!

Anonymous said...

Babs never looked so good!