Saturday, September 6, 2008

Today instead of our usual trips to the flea markets, we decided to stay home and start getting some of our Halloween decor pulled out.

I have been thinking for awhile now that I wanted to redo my bedroom. I am sure most of you know that I am a fairly young blogger. I will be 20 in about two months and I decided it was time my room made the transition from young teen to an adult style. My sweet Brother has been helping me figure out how I want it arranged.
I have been dragging my feet for a long time, wanting a change but not really sure what to. One day when I got off work my Brother was in the car with my Mom and he excitedly told me he had found something for me at a flea market and he was taking me to see it. If I wanted it it would be an early Birthday present. Well it didn't take me two seconds to declare that I had to have it!
My room wasn't ready that day for it so I have been feverishly working on cleaning and changing my room around. I thought I would show you some of the pictures of my room as it looks now kinda in between the change!




This is my quilt. I love pink and green!



My beautiful pillows made by my Mom!





I have always been and will always be a huge Beatles fan. Both my Mom and I are. I didn't become obsessed until I was 13. One day I went from Backstreet Boy posters to Beatles posters. This beautiful dresser I found at a flea market last year. I adore french provincial furniture! This is what I want the style of my room to be. Full of vintage figurine's, poodles, and little pink lovelies!




All the Beatles posters will come down with the change. I will miss them but I think my room will feel a lot bigger without them.





I love this picture I found this summer. It came from one of our favorite flea market booths. The moment we get into the flea market we have to immediately go straight to our favorite booths. See what they have and then go back to the front and start down the aisles.




Yes ladies, Those are real chocolate pearls! A Christmas gift from my Brother!



This is the spot where my newest piece will go! I cannot wait to show it to you!


This cute little dresser my Brother stopped on his way home from work one evening and surprised me with!





These are a couple of posters that have hung on my walls for years.



This is my built in bookshelves. I will still have one shelf devoted to my rarest and collectible beatles pieces but the rest will be redone.


I love so many different things! I am having trouble making them all to mingle.


I LOVE to read! I have stacks and stacks of books!



My Mom and I also love Coach purses!



I don't have closet doors so instead I have a five foot tall Beatles stand up!




These are a dozen wooden roses my Brother brought back to me last year from Eureka Springs, Arkansas!





Well, I hope you enjoyed seeing my room at the halfway stage. I will show you my newest piece as soon as I get it!






I participated in Dani of The Ramblings of an Artist Halloween ATC Swap and here are the two I made




My swap partners were Angela Harris and Leah Stone.

This adorable ATC is from Leah. My Brother loved it so much that I asked Leah if I could possibly buy one from her to give him but she was so so sweet she sent him one too!




This is my ATC from Angela. Look at her hand writing! Wow, I wish mine could look that nice!


I also participated in Bella Enchanted's Magic Wand Swap. Joanna of Sweet Finds was my partner. Isn't it beautiful! I adore it! The details are so sweet! I love the magic dust bottle and the rolled up music sheet!





I unfortunately forgot to take a picture of mine until it was all wrapped up and ready to ship. Hopefully I won't do that again!

And I have noticed a LOT of other bloggers out there mentioning how much they love this book so I thought I would add that I too have read and am rereading this series and I love it! If you haven't read it you must! I am anxiously awaiting the movie coming out in November!

Have a good weekend, Lindsey

13 comments:

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Lindsey,
I love the dresser yur brother bought you, Love the ATC cards :)
too cute and the wand you rec'd is very nice, would have like to see the one you made and can't wait to see your room all finished...even us "old ladies" have a hard time decorating our rooms...Oh, I think your bedspread is lovely and nice pillows your mom made (Hi Twyla!)
and I hope I didn't forget anything. Have a nice weekend yourself and have fun working on your projects...
Hugs, Deb :)

Anonymous said...

Lindsey,

Thanks for posting pics of your room. I love the poodles and vintage planters.

You have a sweet brother for buying
you gifts, that he knows you like.

I really like the green dresser.

I enjoyed your post. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Andrea

Anonymous said...

I love that you love the Beatles. You have the sweetest brother, from the sounds of things. (And we know your mom is sweet!)

Unknown said...

I found you at sherrys party...Man you are a collector arent you? I love it, cause I am one too! Wait until you move a few times and all your friends and family hate you! haha....I love your birthday dresser...Melinda

Michele said...

Good morning Lindsey...I love all the things that you have in your room. And what a great brother picking up that dresser for you..wow!

Hope you're having a great weekend!

Hugs,
Michele

KatCollects said...

Hi Lindsey,
Can't wait to see how your room turns out. It sounds like you and your brother are very close, that is wonderful!!! My Daughter has read twilight 4 times now, and the other books that go with it. This summer we went to Port Angeles and we ate at Bella Italia just because it was mentioned in the book. Sarah has been trying to get me to read them, I guess its time : )
Kathy

Rosa said...

Hi Lindsey,
Thank you for showing us your room in its present state, I'm looking forward to the pictures when you finish decorating it. It will be beautiful!. The dresser your brother gave you is gorgeous!!
Take care, and hi to Twyla.
Hugs,
Rosa

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Hi Lindsey,

Your new dresser is beautiful and will fit in perfectly with your room make over. I love your bed spread too - the colours are lovely. It is always good to have a change. I look forward to seeing the end result.
Hugs,
Kerryanne

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun!! And all those treasures your brother brings you!! How lucky!! Love it allllll, Beatles fun for sure too!!

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

I'm trying to sort my bedroom at the moment and have the same dilemma of so many things and styles trying to work together.

I love your poodle collection.

Victoria x

Alexandra MacVean said...

I like the quilt and LOVE the dresser. :)

PS Thank you for your prayers.

Eve said...

Girl, you are going to have a happy life. Your love of thrift stores, junk shops, antique places,,,,so much fun. And your taste in music is great too. Rooms should fit us. I grew up in a room that was more to my sister's taste than mine. I'm glad you will have your own style in yours.

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Hi Lindsey! Such fun seeing your room! I'm in love with pink/green, too. Your dresser that your brother got you is great. Can't wait to see what else you are putting in your room. Wow, you have lots of collections. Just think how amazing a home you will have someday since you started collecting at such a young age. I love your poodle collection! And the Beatles memorabilia is very interesting ~ have you ever posted about it? I love the Beatles but don't really know much about the collectibles except those adorable bobble heads!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents