Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sweet Stuff Valentine Tutorial

Hello friends!
Today we are sharing this super easy tutorial for this Valentine wall hanging.


First start with a piece of corrugated cardboard measuring 6 1/2 x 8 1/2. Start pulling off the top layer to reveal the corrugated cardboard.




Here is what it looks like once you have the top layer pulled off completely.


 


Then to add a distressed feel, I added white crackle paint by Tim Holtz. I love this stuff! It crackles really fast and it has a built in brush on the lid.


 


I then cut a paper doily to measure 5 x 6 1/2 using Martha Stewart's Doily punch.




Then I added this pretty paper piece by Cosmo Cricket. I took this journaling piece and inked the edges using Walnut Stain Distress ink and a blending tool.





Here is the sweet vintage valentine used for this wall hanging.
Print and cut out.


 


Adhere the valentine using foam pop dots to the Sweet Stuff paper and glue to the cardboard.
Take a white gel pen and add stitch lines around the edge of the paper.



I then took a chipboard swirl cut from a Tim Holtz Flourishes die and painted it with the white crackle paint.
I then cut paper flowers from a Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die. Add a brad to the center of the flower and glue to the cardboard.




A final swirl is added to the top right side of the hanging.
 I painted it with white crackle paint. It is also a Tim Holtz die.





Punch 2 holes at the top and tie ribbon or yarn to create the hanger.



It's done!


I hope you enjoyed this sweet and easy tutorial!
Have a wonderful Sunday, Lindsey

11 comments:

Astridbears said...

thank you for this lovely Tutorial! It´s wonderful
hugs
Astrid

FourSistersInACottage said...

Well that is the cutest thing ever!!!!
Thanks for sharing....too fun!!!
Amy

D. Jean Quarles said...

So very cute. Thanks for sharing.

Rizzi said...

HOW ADORABLE, THE WALL HANGING CAME OUT SO CUTE. HOPE YOUR HAVING A NICE DAY.
RIZZI

Emily @SweetlyScrapped said...

awwwwh, this is so pretty. I love the cardboard touch.

Unknown said...

Bravo...thanks to Martha, Lindsey and Tim and Cozmo for adding such joy to the day!

ImagiMeri said...

I love that crackle paint too!!!!!!!! Tim has created some of the best crafting mediums ever. One of my favorite ink colors is pumice, I had been wanting a gray ink for so long and then he made one.......amazing! I only wish he made wholesale, industrial sized products, as I tend to use a lot.

Hugs,
Meri

Anonymous said...

Very cute, Lindsey! Your creations always make me smile! ♥

Tamera's Craft Palace said...

I always learn something new from your projects!!! CUTE!!

patty said...

Oh I just love your blog, so pink and pretty. You are so creative and I love your projects. I am new to blogging and I would love for you to come and visit. I am now following you.
Patty

Write-Out-Of-The-Box said...

Hi Twyla and Lindsey,

Your blog site and name is so inviting! I had a closer look at how you crafted 'Sweet Stuff'. My daughter, 7, loves crafts. You've encouraged me to help my daughter to enjoy more our craft-work and art projects together. Thanks!

Blessings to you both!
Maryknoll