Monday, May 16, 2011

A Crafty Weekend!

Hello friends!
I spent all weekend creating!
I have recently started making a few ATC cards and here is my first finished one.
I purchased a set of Strathmore ATC cards that are available at both Michaels and Hobby Lobby. They sell several different sets that come in different paper weights and this one is called Acrylic. I really like how thick they are.
I started by painting my card light pink. I then stamped a doily to the center and added a mini vintage millinery bouquet.
 Held on by Tim Holtz's music note tissue tape.  I then added glitter glue and white gel pen accents around the edges.



These are a couple items I purchased last week to inspire me.
A magazine and an embossing folder.



I don't always pick up Paper Crafts magazine, unless I am in the mood to make cards, but as I flipped through this issue I was inspired to make lots of sweet things.
There is a whole section featuring sewing themed cards and it was the deciding moment that I had to have this issue!





I was so excited to spot this embossing folder! It's called, Clockworks.
It looks so cool and I love the victorian steampunk look that I can create.
 I immediately started making a tag with this theme. After embossing the tag I inked it with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I then rubbed Walnut Stain Distress Ink across it to make the embossing stand out. A few paper scraps and embellies later I had Victorian Steampunk themed tag!




I hope that you all had a lovely weekend doing what you enjoy most!

Wishing you a happy Monday, Lindsey

9 comments:

busymartha said...

As always, you are the best at what you do. Glad to see that your starting to make ATC's! They are great to trade and collect, you will be surprised at the ideas you get from other people. I love your blog, and quite often it inspires me to make things similar, keep up the brilliant work! Also, a huge thank you for sharing your vintage images, I can never get enough vintage! Thanks, Marilyn

angie said...

ich liebe ihre dekoration, ganz liebe grüße aus deutschland, angie

HJ Labores said...

Que maravillosos son todos tus trabajos. ¡Me encanta pasar a verlos y disfrutarlos!
Abrazos

Theresa said...

WOW, you SURE did have a crafty weekend:) Love the card and the tag! Both are so pretty! Enjoy your Monday dear friend, HUGS!

Cindy said...

Good for you to spend the weekend crafting. I have never made ATCs, but after seeing yours, I made have to give it a try. And I will have to get the Papercrafts mag, I love anything with a sewing theme.

Jenna said...

Hi Twyla and Lindsey, I'm back blogging and I was so happy to see you found me! I couldn't remember the name of your blog so when I saw you become a follower I was thrilled!!! :o) I hope your both doing well! have a super week! hugs, Jennifer

Shopgirl said...

Great post, I really like the ATC. I haven't done one in along time.
And the tag is really special too.
You had a great creative weekend:)

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Love your pink ATC card! I remember when we swapped them:)
Warmly,
deb

Anonymous said...

A doily stamp! ~ Swoon ~