Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Barbie Wednesday


Hello friends!
It's Barbie Wednesday again and this week I want to talk about Barbie's little sister, Skipper.




I have always been found of Skipper dolls. I love her long hair, cute face and flat feet! She originally came out in 1964, wearing a red and white striped bathing suit, red shoes, gold elastic headband and brush set.




Her full name is, Skipper Roberts. She was 9 1/4 inches tall and came in 3 different hair colors.




As I mentioned last week, I love collecting the cases and houses as much as I do the dolls! So when I came across Skipper's Dream Room case on ebay, I had to have it! The best part is her sweet bed with a matching bedspread and pillows!

Did you have a Skipper doll when you were young?

Have a lovely day, Lindsey

7 comments:

AntiqueChase said...

I had two... they were the older ones that didn't bend their legs... sadly, I traded them for something my friend had that I wanted... major bummer

Theresa said...

TOOOOOO cute! I don't have any but my Niece has a HUGE Barbie collection:) Have a blessed day my friend, HUGS!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhhh.... Barbie was my childhood love. I had one of the first with the brunette ponytail from the very late 19950's. Never had a skipper..... I really don't think she came until later.
Have a Great Day
Marilyn

Camille said...

I think I liked Skipper better than Barbie. Skipper was closer to my age and I used to wish I had the cute clothes and accessories that she had. I had a blonde one.

LBP said...

I sure did have a Skipper! Still have her, she's vintage like me! I also have her friend Skooter and friend Ricky!

Love the dollhouse!

Linda

GypSea Rose said...

I have a Skipper, a Skooter and a Ricky- they are my favorites, I am in the process of recreating some of her outfits, they were so cute

Brynwood Needleworks said...

This is like a little stroll down Memory Lane! I had Skipper and Tutti and Todd, too! Gosh I wish I still had them!
xoxo
Donna