Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas Tag #6

Hello friends!
It's time for tag #6!
This one is a button tag!


To start, cut out a tag shape from patterned paper. I am using The Peppermint Collection by Crate Paper. I love this doily patterned Christmas paper.


I took a pink colored pencil and outlined some of the doilies
 to make them stand out more.


Freehand cut a couple strips of paper and snip the ends to create little banners. Make 1 smaller than the other. Cut or make a button card. Several scrapbook companies have paper featuring button cards, this one also comes from the Peppermint collection by Crate Paper. Ink the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.


Layer the 2 banner shapes together and glue along the left side of the tag. Add the button card to the center.


Add a piece of scrapbook paper to the center of the button card.


Add a small doily to the center of the button card. I am using doilies from Martha Stewart's craft line at Michaels. I love these!


Cut 4 small circles or other shape from cardstock and glue pink buttons to the center.


Glue the buttons to the tag. Add a small paper peppermint cut to the center.
Add your Christmas sentiment beneath the button card.


Dye seam binding with Spun Sugar Distress Ink and tie a bow at the top of the tag.


Take liquid pearls or adhesive pearls and add them along the bottom of the tag.


Cut a holly shaped leaf from song sheet paper and ink green. Add a small paper rose to the leaf and glue in the lower left corner of the button card.


It's done!
 This tag would be easily adaptable for a non Christmas project.


I loved Tim's tag tutorial today! Here is my take on his tag.!


Have a wonderful Friday, Lindsey


4 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the tutorials! Helps me to know how to start and what I'll need! I'm having a giveaway! Stop by when you can! Hugs! ♥

Beansieleigh said...

Love these tags!.. Today's, yesterdays.. all the other days! (0; These last two are really CUTE! Hope you're enjoying the holiday season! ((hugs)) ~tina

Cindy said...

Another cute tag! Thanks.

Karren Haller said...

Hi Lindsey I am a recent follower, signed up to receive notifications, and I have been sharing your blog post about the Christmas card tutorials as each one comes out, hope you dont mind. I love them and wanted to share with my readers. Check it out <a href=" http://ohmyheartsie.blogspot.com/2011/12/christmas-tag-tutorial-3.html</a>
Thanks Karren