Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Twyla on Tuesday - Art Journaling


Hello ladies!
Inspired by all the journaling I'm seeing on some blogs,
I bought myself a sketch pad from Wal Mart
and have been using it as an art journal.
I am finding it very therapeutic.


The hardest part is giving yourself the permission to
make a mark on the paper.  Just go for it.  If you don't
like it, tear it out and start again!
I haven't used anything more than markers and ink pads,
scrapbook paper and glue sticks.


There are no rules!  I chose the quotes as the inspiration
for these two pages.  It's a great place to start.
Even if you don't like your handwriting, it's okay because
your writing is very personal and uniquely You!


The one below was done using only colored Sharpies.
I just picked up one and started swirling!
It's a very freeing craft.
Someday I'd like to use some paint and get more creative.


I hope that you have found a satisfying way to enjoy
your creativity. 

'There is only one of you in all time,
this expression is unique.
And if you block it, it will never exist through
any other medium and it will be lost.'
-Martha Graham-

Wishing you much happiness!
Love, Twyla



Pin It

6 comments:

Terrie R. said...

The page with all of the swirls is so pretty. I've got an art journal that I have yet to start. You're right it's hard to make that first mark. Okay, I'm going to do it! Thanks for sharing yours. - Terrie

Anonymous said...

Love this idea, at 58 I've only just started trying to draw and find if I just "let myself go" with it, instead of worrying that it's not perfect, it's fun and turns out ok - my own unique (not perfect, but totally me) creations. Hugs ~ Mary

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful! I love it when Twyla is happy. ♥

Sherry from Alabama said...

Your beautiful journal is very inspiring to me, Twyla. Thanks for the encouragement to make that first mark. That's the hardest part for me because I'm such a perfectionist.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I so want to do this but can't ever seem to get started. I took art in Middle School. I used to doodle all the time. I used to draw huge posters for my kindergarten classes to paint and color. But for some reason it just isn't coming so easy to me anymore. You are inspiring me to give it a go once again. Hope your day is great. Tammy

Simply Shelley said...

I wish I was more artistic...coloring about as good as I get :) Thanks for sharing...blessings