Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Twyla on Tuesday - Making Journals


Hello my dear friends!
Thought I would share with you what I've been up
to lately!  Making journals out of composition books!
I really enjoy traveling around our beautiful state and
I like to collect pictures and history of the areas I visit.



The two above are ones I am currently working on.
Once I get the paper and pictures glued down, I will journal
and embellish the pages with some of my stamps!
They aren't beautiful the way Lindsey makes scrapbooks.
Mine are more an effort to get my thoughts and memories
down in one place so I don't forget.
                                 

I find the practice so engulfing and when I am working
on one, I am totally absorbed. 


I love collecting the paper and embellishments.
My husband has always told me you have to have the right tools
to get the job done right.  I like to think that's his permission
for me to buy the craft supplies as I need:)


Thanks for stopping by today and sharing a bit of my
crazy crafting.
Enjoy your day!
Love, Twyla


Pin It

11 comments:

Monica said...

This is really a great idea. I think I need to make up some journals. It would be so nice to have them to refer to later. Thanks for sharing :)

Nan said...

You're doing a great job on these! Good idea here.

busymartha said...

What a great idea Twyla! Ha, ha, yes me need many tools to do a good job! Can't wait to see more of your journals, Marilyn.

Lady Farmer said...

Your journals are beautiful! I tried to make a couple once, but I obviously didn't have the 'right tools'! May I ask what glue you use? My pages always look like they've gotten wet (wrinkly) or doesn't stick well overall! :~{
Curious minds want to know. :~D

Cindy said...

What a great idea! A good way to journal and be creative at the same time.

Theresa said...

Oh how fun! Enjoy your day with the journals, HUGS!

Susanne said...

I have a pesky composition book that keeps floating around my home office, perhaps if I embellish it I would actually find a use for it. Thanks for the nudge.

Tresa said...

What a great idea. I have never done any scrapbooking even though I have all of the supplies to do so. This project seems more doable for me. Thank you for sharing.

Tresa

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Great idea for keeping memories!
Thanks for the birthday wishes...feeling like I need to FAST..lots of cake and sweets!
Warmly,
deb

Unknown said...

Fab journals Twyla well done, super stamping Hugs Elaine

Simply Shelley said...

Love the idea....I have done this before too. I have a few on hand...maybe I need to start cutting and pasting :) Blessings