Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Twyla on Tuesday - Birthday Trip to the Zoo



Hello dear friends!
I want to thank you all for your birthday wishes
last Tuesday!  It was my birthday and my family
and I spent the day at the St. Louis Zoo!


I had so much fun taking pictures!  There was so much
to see.  It is a very magical place and of course I was
mesmerized by the carousel.


The grizzly bear was fun to watch.  He kept turning circles and would
jump in the water to cool off.


The giraffes are one of Lindsey's favorite animals!


One of my favorite exhibits is the flight cage.  It was
built in 1904 for the World's Fair that took place right
here on these grounds. 


There's also a butterfly pavillion, and believe me, it's
not easy catching one still enough to photograph!


I really enjoyed watching the black necked swans skimming
around their pool.  So beautiful and peaceful.  I could have
watched them all day.


The new sea lion tunnel was awesome!  You can walk through
and watch them swimming over and around you. 



It was well over 100 degrees that day, but there were plenty of
indoor exhibits for us to get in out of the heat so we paced
ourselves.  I had a great birthday!  The best part was that for
the first time in what seemed like forever, all of my family was
off on my birthday!  What a great gift that was!
Thank you all for visiting the zoo with me today!
Have a wonderful day!
Love, Twyla


Pin It

10 comments:

Shirley said...

A belated happy birthday. Your post today brought back memories. We haven't been to the zoo for a long time. We had family living in St. Louis and when we visited we always went to the zoo. My daughter when she was little she wanted the black cat. We tried to tell her it wasn't a cat. She said it looked like one. They are priceless when they are small and I am glad that you had a really enjoyable day. Take care. Your NW Missouri Friend.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

So very Happy that you had a Great Birthday with your family! Looks like a nice zoo.
Thank you also for all your prayers for MaryElla!!! Means the world to me!!
Happy Tuesday. Today is my monthly housecleaning job and then maybe I'll clean my own house! LOL!
Warmly,
deb

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun! glad everyone was able to be off. I haven't been to the zoo in years! Wish you would have included a picture of YOU! ♥

PinkGranny said...

It looks like as wonderful place to spend a birthday...

Melinda said...

What a great way to spend part of your Birthday!
The butterfly is so pretty.

M :)

vintage grey said...

Looks like you had a great time!! The carousal is neat!! Have a great week! xo Heather

Short and Sweet said...

Happy Birthday to you. Your zoo photos are lovely...glad that you had a good time.

Tresa said...

I've been to the St. Louis zoo and loved it. Great pictures!

Sally Annie Magundy said...

Happy Happy belated Birthday Twyla! I'm so sorry I'm late wishing you lots of cake and birthday wishes. Glad you had fun!

Sally xo

Beedeebabee said...

Hi Sweetie!!! Happy Birthday! (yep, I'm back, but getting sort of a slow start!) Your trip to the zoo looked so fun, and your photos are just beautiful...and how pretty was that birthday table a few posts down...and that baby book, OMG, how stunning! You girls have so much talent!!! xo