Monday, October 14, 2013

Back from Vacation!

 
 
Hello dear friends!
I have been traveling the last couple
 of weeks!  I will take you on a whirlwind
 tour of where I visited.
First off was Murfreesburo, Arkansas to the
Crater of Diamonds state park.
 
 
Shortly after stepping onto the field I was mired
in mud.  Do you see any diamonds?!  Neither did I :(
We've gone seven times over the years and one thing
I don't enjoy is hunting in the mud.  The next day was
better.  We spent three days there.
 

 
I was in St. Louis, twice!  Forest Park, antique
stores, good food, the art museum.
 
 There is so much to do in St. Louis!
 
 
We traveled back to Arkansas to spend a day
in Eureka Springs.  It was a gorgeous day!
 
 
We had breakfast at the Crystal Dining
room at the Crescent, then walked all over town
and went in most of the shops!
 
 
We finished up vacation week by spending two days in
 Arrow Rock, MO at the annual craft festival.  I love this town. 
I can't explain it, but my heart is there.  I think about it
all the time and visit as often as I can.  It is my dream to
live here someday.
 
 
"Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed,
Because His compassions fail not.
They are new every morning, Great is Your
faithfulness." - Lamentations 3:22, 23
 
Have a beautiful day!
Twyla
 


 
 

Pin It

13 comments:

GardenOfDaisies said...

Oh, we love St Louis, too! We'd visit at least 3 times a year (for the irish dance competitions) and always try to do one or two fun things with the kids while we were there. Forest Park and the Arch, etc... I love Eureka Springs, too, but it has been soooo many years since I was last there. I need to get my honey to take me.
Twyla, I'm still hoping we might have a chance to meet up one of these days. Is there a Saturday that might work for you? I'd love to hunt for vintage treasures with you, or go along on one of your walks (a shorter version), or just have a chance to drink a cup of tea and have a chat.

Brynwood Needleworks said...

What lovely photos from your trip. I agree with you about "hunting" in the mud...even with your cute boots. I wouldn't like that either. There are more than a few places in your story that I'd love to visit, too! Thanks for sharing. (Welcome back!)
xo
Donna

Theresa said...

Oh what a lovely trip... minus the mud:) Glad to have you back! Have a blessed and restful day, HUGS!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

No diamonds, yet! One of these times you'll find a huge one!
What a wonderful vacation! I've never been to those places and now I want to go!
Warmly,
deb

Sherry from Alabama said...

What a fun and beautiful trip! I don't see a diamond because she's behind the camera...YOU!

Melinda said...

Sounds like a wonderful vacation!
Well, except for the mud.
I have been to the majority places
and they are great.

M : )

vintage grey said...

Hi Twyla! Was thinking about you and looks like you have had a beautiful and fun vacation! Arrow Rock is gorgeous! Sweet photos and glad you had a great time! Xo Heather

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Never been to Arkansas or St. Louis. Looks like a fun vacation. I wouldn't like looking for diamonds in the mud though.

Happy@Home said...

I have never been to Missouri, but I hope to one day. The town of Arrow Rock does look charming. The mud... not so much ;).
Glad you were able to get away and enjoy your vacation.
Thank you, Twyla, for your kind comments. I am finding it much harder than I thought it would be to close my blog door.

Simply Shelley said...

I have been to Eureka Springs, and I loved it. Have you ever watched the Great Passion play there? I did and it was wonderful. Your trip sounds lovely....glad you made it there and back safely dear friend...blessings

Our photos said...

You have make beautiful photos from your trip!
Greetings, RW & SK

Beedeebabee said...

It sounded like a wonderful trip Twyla, and your pictures are pretty enough to be postcards! I wouldn't enjoy trudging in the mud too much either, but with those cute boots on, I'd certainly give it a try! xoxo

Sally Annie Magundy said...

Hi Twyla,
Thank you so very much for your sweet comments and email, I so appreciate them and you!
How wonderful you got to go away on vacation, you lucky. (Fingers crossed, we may get a few days away in December I hope I hope!) What a lot of lovely places you visited.
Wishing you a happy weekend!
Sally xo