Friday, December 13, 2013

Vintage Style Christmas Shadowbox

 
I recently made a Christmas shadowbox for a friend and thought I would share with you. She wanted one that was done in a very retro vintage style. So I included lots of old card images and started looking around in my stash and local craft stores for little goodies to add.




The shadowbox itself is by Tim Holtz. It's called a Printer's Tray.
This was such a fun project! I had a hard time parting with it, once it was finished.
 

 
I painted it a bright cheery red color and started layering my embellishments.
 
 
The majority of patterned papers are by October Afternoon. The rest was made up of older items in my stash and the card images that I printed from Pinterest.
 
 
I found some great little pieces to add to it from the doll house miniatures section at my local craft store.
 
 
What's nice about these boxes are that the boxes are removable, so I could have changed it had I need to have it more customized.
 
 
It was a fun process to gather images for this project. I tried to always pick bright bold colors that would print nicely.
 
 
I think this is my favorite little box. I love the 2 cute little bottle brush trees.
 

This small wooden train was the perfect little addition for this shadowbox.
 

 
Hope you are enjoying this Christmas season!
 Thank you for stopping by today.
 
 
Wishing you a merry day, Lindsey
 

Pin It

23 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It really turned out beautiful! I would love to make one but you are WAY more artistic! It's a work of art! Enjoy your weekend!

Becky Garrison said...

Oh, Lindsey! The shadowbox is amazing! You did such a great job with all the little bits! I love it!

Shirley said...

Lindsey, Your shadow box is awesome. The memories you have brought back using the Vintage toy train. To have the little boxes removable is something special. I was thinking about you all if you had the bad weather. It has been something. Have a great day. Hugs and Prayers from Your NW Missouri Friend.

Blessed Serendipity said...

Lindsey, your shadowbox is just adorable. You need to make one for you now.

Danielle

Anonymous said...

I thought the boxes looked removable! Too fun! Yes, now be sure to make yourself one! ♥

Cynthia said...

Wow, this is fabulous, Lindsey!

GardenOfDaisies said...

So cute! You have a very lucky friend!

Silvia said...

This is fabulous. When I look at your shadowbox then I know what to make for Christmas 2014. It is great!

greetings Silvia

vintage grey said...

Wow, this is so vintage and sweet Lindsey! Love all the special details! xo Heather

http://thankfullga447 said...

Lots of Christmas memories in the box.
It is so adorable,love it.

Theresa said...

I love it! I am afraid I would have had to keep it:) Have a blessed weekend dear Lindsey, HUGS!

Sally Annie Magundy said...

So darling and what a wonderful gift!

Merry Christmas!

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Love all the sweet details!! So vintage and so cute!! :) Merry Christmas! xo Holly

Pierelantijntjes said...

It's so beautiful! Love the october afternoon papers you used. I also am in love with your december daily album. Although I don't give a comment very often, I want you to know I look everyday at your blog to see if there is a new post. You both inspire me so much! Thank you!!!
Hugs Ester

Unknown said...

Oh Lindsey!!!! All I want for Christmas is one of these! :):) Just right up my alley and you do such beautiful work! I still have to get that Epson printer...mine would never make these so cute! I am just in awe!

Sandy

Unknown said...

What a wonderful treasure....
Haven't visited blogs for a long time. So glad to reconnect !
Happy Holidays!!

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

SWEET! I'm a huge fan of shadowboxes!

Mandy said...

don't know how you could give it away! It's gorgeous! Well done!

Happy@Home said...

What a sweet friend you are, Lindsey. Your shadowbox is absolutely adorable. Thanks for sharing it with us.

E said...

Oh so cute, love Sugar kissed Christmas. Elaine

Dapoppins said...

That is wonderful. Of course I must pin it! I was wondering what kind of paint you used? It looks so good!

Cindy Bannon said...

This shadow box is amazing. Love the colors and the vintage theme. You have inspired me.

Unknown said...

This shadow box is amazing...love the reds and vintage, October Afternoon is one of my favs.
Hugs, Lynnie